We only hold data about your first name/surname, job title and mobile phone number (if you have given this to us) and data relating to your company (e-mail address, your company name, address, phone and fax details). We may also hold bank payment details where appropriate.
The basis for holding this information is ‘Contractual’ because we need this information to be able to trade with you. We take your privacy seriously and will only use this data to administer your account and to provide details or information that you have expressly requested.
The data is stored securely within our database and is backed up regularly and is protected using up-to-date security software and IT protection which contain firewalls.
We will never disclose your data to any third party or sell or transfer our e-mail database.
What information we collect
As one of our customers or suppliers, we hold certain information or data about you on our systems.
- Your postal address, email address and contact details of all relevant sites worked on by us
- We may collect your Customer details for warranty work
How we use the information collected
This data can be viewed by authorised people within our business for:
- Sending or processing invoices
- Customer account management
- Delivery of materials and order fulfilment
- Warranty work
- Responding to any emails warranting a reply
- Sending information relevant to jobs
- Providing quotes
- Providing you with information about the products and services you have from us
- Advising area of concern within sites i.e failing plants
Keeping your data secure
We cannot guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any dat you send is at your own risk. We do take protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it. Internally we restrict access to personal information and only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it.
- No payment card details are retained on our systems
- All account details are password protected and only accessed by the accounts team in order to make payment
Disclosing your information
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites. We do not share your data or sell to any third party company.
We may use external companies to provide services on our behalf, for example deliveries but will only provide them with the information relevant to the service we have engaged them for. They are prohibited from using that information for other purposes.
SJM Landscapes have adopted a proactive approach to the new legislation, including reviewing, where required developing and implementing new policies and procedures to ensure personal data is collected, stored and disposed of within the GDPR regulations.
By becoming a customer/supplier and submitting your personal data, you agree to this.